Students, are you looking to gain international business and market research skills?
Gain real-world experience while expanding your professional network with Launch U Trade Accelerator (LTA) Program
TAFE Queensland in conjunction with Study Queensland and Practera is offering students the opportunity to work on a 2-week real-world business experience. The Launch U Trade Accelerator (LTA) Program connects student teams to undertake international market research/analysis projects for real Queensland Exporters.
Through LTA students will act as ‘business consultants’ to conduct a market research analysis for a Queensland Exporter. Students will be required to commit to 25 hours in total over the 2-week experience. Student teams will collaborate completely online to complete the project. The next cohort will be running from 5 July 2021.
- 5-16 July, Orientation on 28 June
- 12-23 July, Orientation on 5 July
- 26 July - 6 August, Orientation on 19 July
How it works
- Virtual team project experience: Students undertake an online, two week international trade research project for a Queensland based business.
- Structured learning program: Students are guided to develop and apply international trade insight and consulting skills.
- Feedback: Students receive feedback from experienced business professionals.
Benefits for you
- Work well in a diverse team: Work with students from different backgrounds and experiences.
- Collaborate across disciplines: Work with team members studying across a variety of disciplines.
- Manage a project: Gain practical experience managing a project for an existing business.
- Deliver a market research project: Apply your skills and insights to deliver a tailored research report.
- Who is in my team? Teams are made up of 5-6 students from a variety of disciplines and nationalities who have applied to participate in an extracurricular work integrated learning program with their institution.
- How many hours are students committing to? Each student commits to 25 hours of work over the two week period.
- Do I need to go into an office? No. Students work remotely and are not located at offices.
- Who owns the work students deliver? The business owns the outputs and outcomes of a variety of disciplines and nationalities the project.
- Are students provided with a project brief?Yes, the business will complete a project brief to guide students.
- What do students need to provide? Attendance at a compulsory pre-program information session online. A final market research report based on requirements of the business' project brief.
How is the LTA different?
- No costs for students to participate.
- Manageable and efficient as Practera coordinates the program.
- 120 hours of dedicated team work over a two-week period.
- Remote team that works independently.
- Online and offline support for your team through the app and the Practera coaching team.
- Develop key skills for the present and future of work whilst producing real practical outcomes.
As a participant in the LTA program, students will also get access to the Launch U Portfolio, an online platform where you can record all of your employability experiences and earn a Queensland Government issued micro-credential.
This program is only available for current TAFE Queensland students.
To apply, please fill out the form on this page.